June’s featured museum is the President’s Cottage Museum at the Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs! The Greenbrier can trace its roots back to the late 18th century when travelers began to trek “up to the springs to take the waters” to restore their health. Between 1838 and 1860 five sitting presidents visited the resort and they stayed in what was the best accommodation on the grounds at the time which is now the President’s Cottage Museum. In total, 27 presidents have stayed at the Greenbrier. The museum opened in 1932 and is dedicated to telling the story of The Greenbrier. It features two rooms of oil on canvas murals painted in 1932 by William Grauer depicting the resort’s 19th century history. Additional exhibits illustrate the history of the 20th century resort. Archives in the museum’s collection date back to the Greenbrier’s early history. The museum is open daily from 11am-5pm for resort guests.